Sunday, April 18, 2010

A recent Toys R Us game DEAL!!

A couple weeks ago I ventured to Toys R Us (about 35 minutes away in the next state) because I heard about a great sale they were having on Hasbro games (which I verified on their website before going there!). Plus, I happened to have a stack of Hasbro coupons I printed from the Hasbro website.

Just tonight I filled out my rebate form and I am astounded at what a great deal I ended up getting. I just have to share...

Here's what I bought:
Twister (reg. ToysRUs price: $16.99; sale price: $8.99)
Guess Who Extra (reg. ToysRUs price: $24.99; sale price: $14.99)
Sorry! Sliders (reg. ToysRUs price: $19.99; sale price: $14.99)
Connect Four (reg. ToysRUs price: $15.99; sale price: $8.99)
Hungry Hungry Hippos (reg. ToysRUs price: $19.99; sale price: $12.99)
Gator Golf (reg. ToysRUs price: $19.99; sale price: $12.99)

Okay, so the regular price for all six games would have been $117.94. I got all six on sale for $73.94.

BUT WAIT. Here comes the fun part - the coupons and extras!

Extras:
-For buying the Hungry Hippos and Gator Golf games, I got to select two Elephun & Friends stuffed animals valued at $9.99 each for FREE.
-For buying two (or maybe it was three) select Hasbro games, I received a $5 gift card to use on my next purchase.

Coupons:
-I happened to have five Hasbro coupons for the particular games I purchased. Those coupons added up to $22 off.
-I also had a $5 off ToyRUs coupon that came in the mail.

Rebates:
I just filled out my rebate form and I will be getting a $3 rebate for each game I purchased = $18 cash back.

So, to break it all down:
$137.92 in regularly-priced games and stuffed animals for an out-of-pocket expense of $23.94 + sales tax.

Whoo-hoo! I am stocked up for birthdays now!

No comments:

Post a Comment